Braga/Guimarães/Oporto: Santiago de Compostela Private Tour2 Reviews
This full-day tour by comfortable minivan is led by a certified guide, who will personalize your journey through Santiago de Compostela, one of the most famous pilgrimages in the world. Afterwards, you will explore the fortress of Valença do Minho.
- Enjoy the scenic route over the border between Portugal and Spain
- Discover the Santiago de Compostela, a UNESCO World Heritage Center
- Visit the gorgeous 11th-century cathedral and attend the famous pilgrim mass
- Explore the fortress city of Valença do Minho
- Taste local traditional delicacies
DescriptionAfter being picked up at your accommodation, this full-day tour commences with a scenic journey over the border between Portugal and Spain, crossing the magnificent landscape of Minho and winding to Spain's Galicia Province. You will arrive at Santiago de Compostela, a UNESCO World Heritage Center famous for its pilgrimage route, the Camino de Santiago (the Way of Saint James). In Santiago de Compostela you will have the opportunity to visit the gorgeous 11th-century cathedral, dedicated to the apostle James. Should you wish, you will also be able to attend the pilgrim mass. After taking a pause for lunch (optional), you can walk around and explore local shops and arts and crafts stalls. After visiting Santiago, you will begin your journey back home, stopping along the way in the Portuguese fortress city of Valença do Minho. Inside this lovely medieval town, you will venture inside its fortress where you’ll be served a local traditional delicacy, accompanied with a glass of the unique vinho verde.
IncludesPickup and drop off at your accommodation Transportation by air-conditioned minivan Certified tour guide Lunch (drinks included) Cross of the Portuguese-Spanish border Photostop in San Simón Accompaniment to the Historic Center of Santiago de Compostela Stop to relax with some wine Insurances and taxes Gratuities Personal expenses
- Infant seats are available upon request
- Please advise us of any dietary requirements
- A small amount of walking is involved on this tour
- This tour is subject to local traffic, visiting schedules and other external factors
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY