Cape Finisterre & Costa da Morte Day Tour from Santiago442 Reviews
Travel along the Costa da Morte on a full-day tour from Santiago de Compostela. Visit Pontemaceira, Muros, the Waterfall in Ézaro, Cape Finisterre, and the village of Muxía.
- Journey along the Costa da Morte and discover how this stretch of coast got its name
- Head to Cape Finisterre and admire the view from the lighthouse
- Stop in Muros, home to an authentic marine quarter
- Marvel at the unique waterfall in Ézaro that empties into the sea
- Discover the religious pilgrimage site of Muxía
DescriptionTake a day to get to know the Costa da Morte and the most rugged Atlantic coast facade in Galicia. Discover places of unique and stately beauty, such as Ponte Maceira and Muros, which has the privilege of owning an authentic marine quarter. Muros, with its beautifully restored old town, maintained its original image and now is its own sign of identity against the excesses of the coastline. The next stop is Ézaro in the extreme south of the Coast of Death. The waterfall of Ézaro is the only waterfall in Europe where fresh water pours directly into ocean. See Cape Finisterre Lighthouse, the westernmost area of Europe. Since ancient times, this place was considered by the Romans to be the end of the earth. Here you can enjoy stunning views of the cliffs, brave the waters of the Atlantic, and also take some free time for lunch in the town of Finisterre. Finally, discover another essential point, Muxía, a typical fishing village well known for its Virxe da Barca sanctuary, a baroque building built in the 11th-century chapel with a balcony facing towards the sea. Do not miss the opportunity to discover one of the most unique areas of Galicia.
IncludesTransport in coach Galician, Spanish, and English-speaking guide Mobile phone app; bring your headphones Hotel pickup and drop-off Food and drink Personal expenses
- There will be stops for meals in places with a variety of eating establishments for lunch at your own expense • In order to ensure a satisfactory visit, the guide in charge may make necessary changes to the itinerary
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability