My Guide Website?
Las Médulas: Guided Walking Tour
Explore Las Médulas, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the interior of the largest open-pit gold mine on a guided walking tour. See the old historic galleries, vibrant streets of the town, and more.
- Be transported back to ancient times as you visit the largest open-pit gold mine
- Uncover the hidden secrets of Las Médulas on a walking tour with a local guide
- Explore the two historic galleries Cuevona and Encantada where water circulated
- Take in the breathtaking views of Las Médulas and El Bierzo from a mountain top
- Admire the beauty of the town while walking through the vibrant streets
DescriptionDiscover Las Médulas, the largest open-pit gold mine in the Roman Empire on a guided walking tour. Visit Cuevona and the Encantada, the two historic galleries of this UNESCO World Heritage Site. You will start the tour in the public parking area of the town of Médulas. Walk through the vibrant streets of the town to reach the Senda de las Valiñas and see the ancient chestnut trees. Stroll through the Las Médulas, and you will find the Cuevona and the Encantada, the old galleries through which the water circulated to exploit the mountain and thus extract all the gold. It is still an abandoned mine so you will see it from a distance due to the risk of collapse. You will continue your journey to the town of Médulas to finish the 4km path before visiting the Mirador de Orellán. Finally, end your tour with a walk towards the top of the mountain to get spectacular views of Las Médulas and all of El Bierzo.
IncludesOfficial native tour guide Walking Tour
- You should come with your own vehicle