My Guide Website?
Santiago de Compostela: Land of Legends & Meigas Night Tour11 Reviews
Take a different tour, knowing its history and legends. Discover who the Meigas were, through historical documentation, the Holy Company or the relation between the Templars and the Game of the Goose.
- Marvel at the facades of the cathedral and the lesser known streets.
- Meet our legends and one mysterious ghost that appears when night falls.
- Discover the history of the Meigas and their amulets to protect you.
- Protect yourself from the Santa Compaña and learn what the Queimada says.
- Find the link between the Templars and the Game of the Goose.
DescriptionThrough this night tour you can discover Santiago de Compostela in a fun and different, magical and mysterious way. Get to know the main monuments of the old town while discovering all its mysteries, legends and secrets; meet her Meigas, spells and amulets; what is the Santa Compaña and the rituals to protect oneself from it; or the relationship of the Camino de Santiago with the Templars and the game of the goose. Starting in the Platerías Square, you’ll discover numerous legends about Santiago and our history. You’ll admire its impressive buildings and the secrets that this square hides. Next, you’ll marvel at the impressive Obradoiro Square and Cathedral facade. Then you’ll discover the door through which pilgrims entered the Cathedral in the Middle Ages, in the Azabachería Square. Here you’ll learn the history of Meigas and other mysterious beings... And the amulets to protect you from them. You’ll also know who the Templars were and the relationship with de Way of Santiago and the Game of the Goose. You’ll also get to know streets that many people from Compostela do not even know, you can admire the city market building, mysterious cruises and legends, who’s the Santa Compaña and how to protect yourself from it if you meet it... You’ll finish the tour in the spectacular Quintana Square, where you can meet a mysterious ghost that appears when night falls… Do you dare to take this mysterious night tour?
IncludesWalking guide Headphones
- This tour only runs with a minimum of two participants. You'll be contacted if the tour is cancelled. We do the tour with small groups and it may happen that you are the only ones doing this tour. If what you want is to share the experience with large groups, this may not be your tour… This is a walking tour that involve climbing stairs. The theme of the tour may be frightening to young children.