My Guide Website?
Santiago de Compostela: Old Town Private Tour52 Reviews
Join this 2-hour walking tour and learn all about the squares surrounding the Santiago Cathedral, and then explore the off-the-beaten-path parts of the downtown area with a funny and friendly guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Galicia:If youʻre booking your trip to Galicia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the secrets of the city of Santiago de Compostela
- Admire stunning close-up views of the Cathedral
- Learn about the history of the town and its main symbols: Camino, shells, Compostela...
- Get to know the best places for lunch, drinks and tapas
DescriptionOn this walking tour of the city of Santiago, discover the most important monuments and places in the city. This tour is free-form, so your tour guide will adapt each individual tour to the participants' moods and desires. The first part of the tour is focused in the main squares surrounding the Santiago Cathedral, your guide will fill you in on their histories and tell you fascinating stories that will help you to understand the significance of what you're seeing. Understand the meaning of the shells, the origin of the Botafumeiro, why the city is called Compostela, and more. The second part of the tour escapes the most touristic parts of the city to enter into the downtown area from the eyes of a local. Discover the local market, hidden squares and narrow streets while your guide gives you the best recommendations for some tapas, lunch, dinner and nightlife. Finish off the tour where it started, and let your guide help you figure out what else you'd like to do in Santiago or any other part of Galicia.
IncludesWalking tour Local private guide
- The tour takes place rain or shine Santiago may be rainy and cold, please check the weather forecast in case you need to bring a raincoat or umbrella