Santiago de Compostela Full-Day Tour From Porto
Are you a business owner in Galicia?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Galicia.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore the pilgrim city of Santiago de Compostela at the end of the Caminhos de Santiago
- Learn about the cult of St. James of the Greater Saracens
- Attend the mass at Santiago de Compostela Cathedral, or wander the historic UNESCO World Heritage streets
- Visit the Historical center of Valença do Minho - also known by the 'Caminhos de Santiago'
- Explore its great wall - in Vouban Style
DescriptionDiscover 2 beautiful cities of southern Europe on a full-day sightseeing tour from Porto, crossing the border into Spain to explore the pilgrim city of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia, and returning via Valença do Minho. One of the most important pilgrimage destinations in the world, Santiago is best known for the Caminhos de Santiago (St. James Way) pilgrim trail following the cult of St. James. Upon arrival, you will visit the magnificent 11th-centuty cathedral, dedicated to the apostle. Originally built in a Romanesque style, today the cathedral is an amalgam of harmonious influences. You will have the opportunity to attend mass if you wish, and there will be free time for lunch and a stroll in the UNESCO World Heritage city center. In the afternoon, drive back to Porto, stopping at Valença do Minho, an historical village in the north of Portugal, located right on the border between Portugal and Spain. Valença was important during the middle ages, with a privileged view to the line boarder it was several times harassed by Spain. Being also part of 'Caminhos de Santiago'. The city is dominated by the fortress of two tours and a double wall projected in Vouban Style - a well known Engineer and French military architect. Enjoy your return by visiting this amazing historical village!
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off from hotels in Gaia and Porto Guide Monument fees included in the tour Lunch Tips and personal expenses
- Please contact vendor for any changes to tour. Changes are subject to availability and must be arranged more than 48 hours prior to tour
- Usually tours run in one language but there are cases where one extra language or more can be used
- Tours are available in Portuguese, English, Spanish and French
- The group size will be from 8 to 30 people
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to operate
- The tour duration is an estimation, subject to local traffic and visit schedules
- Pick-up is included from central Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia hotels
- For private accommodation and hotels in other areas, customers must go to the meeting point
- Bookings must be confirmed at least 48 hours before the date of the service
- Children from 4 to 12 years pay half price
- Children aged 0 to 3 are free of charge
- The services included in the tour are subject to third party availability and may change without notice
- This tour is not available on 25 December and 1 January
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
You may also like
El Invernadero del Pazo de Santa CruzPontevedra-, Pontevedra Province
El Invernadero del Pazo de Santa Cruz means the greenhouse of Santa Cruz manor house! Surrender to the charms of a unique place.............
Sea MuseumVigo, Pontevedra Province
The Sea Museum is superbly located next to the sea with commanding views of the Ria de Vigo. It's a sensitive conversion of a former historic, factory building used for p
Eugenio Granell FoundationSantiago-de-Compostela, La Coruña Province
An exhibition centre displaying the life works of surrealist artist Eugenio Granell who was from La Coruña, as well as holding concerts, lectures, reading marathons and
SailwayVigo, Pontevedra Province
Sailway are a nautical company of services with a young and dynamic spirit who in 2005 were born as a promoter of the sport of sailing and cruises along our coasts, one o
Mino Vally Farm SanctuaryLugo-Province, Lugo Province
Mino Vally Farm Sanctuary provide a safe haven for abused and neglected farm animals - promoting love, respect and a cruelty free lifestyle for all animal friends........
Granxa MaruxaLugo-Province, Lugo Province
Granxa Maruxa is a certified,organic dairy farm,located in the Comarca de la Ulloa,province of Lugo,in the very heart of Galicia.............
Oseira MonasteryOurense-Province, Ourense Province
The monastery of Oseira (Monasterio de Santa María la Real de Oseira) is a Trappist monastery near Ourense which is popular with pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago (St.
Burela Tuna Fishing Boat MuseumLugo-Province, Lugo Province
The Burela Tuna Fishing Boat Museum (Museo Barco Bonitero Burela), Reina del Carmen is moored at Burela dock, in the north of the province of Lugo. Originally built in 1
Santiago de Compostela Tour from Porto
Visit one of the most important pilgrim sites in the world on a tour of Santiago de Compostela, and marvel at the UNESCO World Heritage monuments of the city center.6 ReviewsFrom €110.00
Playa ClubGalicia-wide, Galicia-wide
An eatery based in the Deportivo La Coruña complex, with great views of the local beach and open Atlantic Ocean................