Santiago de Compostela Full-Day Tour From Porto
Are you a business owner in Galicia?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Galicia.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore the pilgrim city of Santiago de Compostela at the end of the Caminhos de Santiago
- Learn about the cult of St. James of the Greater Saracens
- Attend the mass at Santiago de Compostela Cathedral, or wander the historic UNESCO World Heritage streets
- Visit the Historical center of Valença do Minho - also known by the 'Caminhos de Santiago'
- Explore its great wall - in Vouban Style
DescriptionDiscover 2 beautiful cities of southern Europe on a full-day sightseeing tour from Porto, crossing the border into Spain to explore the pilgrim city of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia, and returning via Valença do Minho. One of the most important pilgrimage destinations in the world, Santiago is best known for the Caminhos de Santiago (St. James Way) pilgrim trail following the cult of St. James. Upon arrival, you will visit the magnificent 11th-centuty cathedral, dedicated to the apostle. Originally built in a Romanesque style, today the cathedral is an amalgam of harmonious influences. You will have the opportunity to attend mass if you wish, and there will be free time for lunch and a stroll in the UNESCO World Heritage city center. In the afternoon, drive back to Porto, stopping at Valença do Minho, an historical village in the north of Portugal, located right on the border between Portugal and Spain. Valença was important during the middle ages, with a privileged view to the line boarder it was several times harassed by Spain. Being also part of 'Caminhos de Santiago'. The city is dominated by the fortress of two tours and a double wall projected in Vouban Style - a well known Engineer and French military architect. Enjoy your return by visiting this amazing historical village!
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off from hotels in Gaia and Porto Guide Monument fees included in the tour Lunch Tips and personal expenses
- Please contact vendor for any changes to tour. Changes are subject to availability and must be arranged more than 48 hours prior to tour
- Usually tours run in one language but there are cases where one extra language or more can be used
- Tours are available in Portuguese, English, Spanish and French
- The group size will be from 8 to 30 people
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to operate
- The tour duration is an estimation, subject to local traffic and visit schedules
- Pick-up is included from central Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia hotels
- For private accommodation and hotels in other areas, customers must go to the meeting point
- Bookings must be confirmed at least 48 hours before the date of the service
- Children from 4 to 12 years pay half price
- Children aged 0 to 3 are free of charge
- The services included in the tour are subject to third party availability and may change without notice
- This tour is not available on 25 December and 1 January
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
You may also like
- Best Seller
From Santiago de Compostela: Lugo and Cathedrals Beach
Visit the city of Lugo and the remnants of its Roman wall, one of the best preserved. Enjoy Cathedrals Beach, one of the world's most special beaches with awe-inspiring rFrom €55.00
Santiago de Compostela: City Tour
Come along on this 2-hour walking tour around the historic downtown area of Santiago de Compostela. On this tour, you'll hear many stories about the city and it's hidden1 ReviewsFrom €12.00
Tamuxe KayakPontevedra-, Pontevedra Province
Tamuxe Kayak ® is a trademark of Baixo Miño Tourism Services Ltd., dedicated to organizing adventure activities and free time in contact with natureK................
El Invernadero del Pazo de Santa CruzPontevedra-, Pontevedra Province
El Invernadero del Pazo de Santa Cruz means the greenhouse of Santa Cruz manor house! Surrender to the charms of a unique place.............
O Campo Das ParrasLugo-Province, Lugo Province
O Campo Das Parras is a haven of peace, with exceptional views from the house across the valley and its garden full of fruit trees, a natural wonder, the terrace is wonde
Excursion to Ribeira Sacra from Santiago de Compostela
Discover the amazing landscape of the interior of Galici while also visiting Santo Estevo, Cabezoás, Castro Caldelas, a winery, and Monforte de Lemos.From €50.00
Restaurante O ParqueBaiona, Pontevedra Province
Restaurante O Parque is a traditional galician restaurant/cafeteria which is well located in the centre of Sabaris fronting a pleasant square close to a roman bridge on t
Amandi Wine FestivalLugo-Province, Lugo Province
Deep in the land of Ribeira Sacra close to the sacred banks of the River Sil at the heart of which lies the pretty village of Sober the annual wine fiesta of Amandi is c
- Best Seller
Full-day Rias Baixas Guided Tour from Santiago
Head out from Santiago de Compostela with an official tour guide to discover the popular area of Rias Baixas on this full-day excursion. Take a boat ride along a river wh27 ReviewsFrom €45.00
Galicia Northwest Spain 5-Day Sightseeing Tour
Explore northern Spain’s greenest area on a 5-day sightseeing tour of Galicia. Visit handsome cities, such as Santiago de Compostela and Vigo, see spectacular coastline3 ReviewsFrom €540.00