Santiago de Compostela Full-Day Tour From Porto
Are you a business owner in Galicia?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Galicia.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore the pilgrim city of Santiago de Compostela at the end of the Caminhos de Santiago
- Learn about the cult of St. James of the Greater Saracens
- Attend the mass at Santiago de Compostela Cathedral, or wander the historic UNESCO World Heritage streets
- Visit the Historical center of Valença do Minho - also known by the 'Caminhos de Santiago'
- Explore its great wall - in Vouban Style
DescriptionDiscover 2 beautiful cities of southern Europe on a full-day sightseeing tour from Porto, crossing the border into Spain to explore the pilgrim city of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia, and returning via Valença do Minho. One of the most important pilgrimage destinations in the world, Santiago is best known for the Caminhos de Santiago (St. James Way) pilgrim trail following the cult of St. James. Upon arrival, you will visit the magnificent 11th-centuty cathedral, dedicated to the apostle. Originally built in a Romanesque style, today the cathedral is an amalgam of harmonious influences. You will have the opportunity to attend mass if you wish, and there will be free time for lunch and a stroll in the UNESCO World Heritage city center. In the afternoon, drive back to Porto, stopping at Valença do Minho, an historical village in the north of Portugal, located right on the border between Portugal and Spain. Valença was important during the middle ages, with a privileged view to the line boarder it was several times harassed by Spain. Being also part of 'Caminhos de Santiago'. The city is dominated by the fortress of two tours and a double wall projected in Vouban Style - a well known Engineer and French military architect. Enjoy your return by visiting this amazing historical village!
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off from hotels in Gaia and Porto Guide Monument fees included in the tour Lunch Tips and personal expenses
- Please contact vendor for any changes to tour. Changes are subject to availability and must be arranged more than 48 hours prior to tour
- Usually tours run in one language but there are cases where one extra language or more can be used
- Tours are available in Portuguese, English, Spanish and French
- The group size will be from 8 to 30 people
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to operate
- The tour duration is an estimation, subject to local traffic and visit schedules
- Pick-up is included from central Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia hotels
- For private accommodation and hotels in other areas, customers must go to the meeting point
- Bookings must be confirmed at least 48 hours before the date of the service
- Children from 4 to 12 years pay half price
- Children aged 0 to 3 are free of charge
- The services included in the tour are subject to third party availability and may change without notice
- This tour is not available on 25 December and 1 January
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
You may also like
The Celtic HarpA-Guarda, Pontevedra Province
In a quiet pedestrian street of the new maritime walkway of the fishing port of La Guardia,a few metres from the beach of O Carreiro and little less than five minutes by
Minigolf GolfiñoPontevedra-, Pontevedra Province
Come and enjoy a round of crazy golf at Minigolf Golfiño.There are special prices for groups.Regular competitions are held.Birthday celebrations are popular.............
Artesenia en PiedraPontevedra-, Pontevedra Province
Artesenia en Piedra is the work of Xabier Garrido Carrera,an artist who specialises in creating replica stone carvings from original petroglyphs that have been discovered
Jamoneria JaqueyviPontevedra-, Pontevedra Province
Jamoneria Jaqueyvi Tapas Bars specialise in cured hams and cheeses as well a range of traditional dishes such as Padron Peppers,tortilla,fried prawns etc................
- Best Seller
Rias Baixas Tour from Santiago de Compostela
Visit the magic Rias Baixas on a full-day tour from Santiago de Compostela. Enjoy the region's seafood, fine wines, art and amazing landscapes.4 ReviewsFrom €45.00
- Best Seller
From Santiago de Compostela: Lugo and Cathedrals Beach
Visit the city of Lugo and the remnants of its Roman wall, one of the best preserved. Enjoy Cathedrals Beach, one of the world's most special beaches with awe-inspiring rFrom €55.00
Restaurante LugarOia, Pontevedra Province
El Restaurante Lugar is located in the beautiful coast between Baiona and La Guarda. Their facilities consist of 17.000m2 in which there are several function rooms for e
1000 caminosGalicia-wide, Galicia-wide
1000 caminos is a website project developed by Martin Codax who have strong relationships with St. James Way (Camino de Santiago). Martin Codax is one of the most famous
Vigo Tour BusVigo, Pontevedra Province
The Vigo Tour Bus is an open air double-decker tourist bus and you are supplied with earphones so you can enjoy the commentary in several langauges................
Mino Vally Farm SanctuaryLugo-Province, Lugo Province
Mino Vally Farm Sanctuary provide a safe haven for abused and neglected farm animals - promoting love, respect and a cruelty free lifestyle for all animal friends........