From Porto: Santiago de Compostela Full Day Tour41 Reviews
Discover the historic city of Santiago de Compostela during this interesting and dynamic day trip from Porto. Experience the wonder of this traditional landmark for religious pilgrims, and visit the city's old town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Experience the traditional Pilgrim Mass at Santiago de Compostela which has been held since the Middle Ages
- Marvel at the historical and achitectural beauty the Santiago de Compostela Cathedral has to offer
- Visit the Santiago de Compostela Historical Center, which is a UNESCO World Heritage site
- See the Valença do Minho city center
- Explore the Fortress of Valença
DescriptionRelax as you are personally collected from your hotel in Porto at 7:30 AM and depart immediately for Santiago de Compostela. At 11:00 AM you will experience the famous Pilgrim Mass. This special mass is held each day to recognize the pilgrims who have travelled along the Way of St. James to arrive at Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela. You will have the chance to be a part of a historical ceremony that has been taking place since the 9th Century. At the beginning of the mass it is traditional for the home country and starting point of all the pilgrims to be announced. Following the mass you will get a chance to learn more about the historic Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela which is dedicated to St James, one of Jesus’ apostles, and is a UNESCO World Heritage listed site.
IncludesGuided tour Visit to Santiago de Compostela Cathedral Lunch Meals and drinks Personal expenses Tips and gratuities Optional activity costs
- Tour can be cancelled due to technical reasons, weather conditions, maintenance and other.
- This tour must have at least 2 people to be able to go ahead.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability