Casa da Laxa
Casa da Laxa is located in beautiful land of Terra de Montes on the border between the provinces of Ourense and Pontevedra. It was built in traditional Galician style in 1875 of granite in the shadow of Marcofán mountain. Peace and the natural beauty of the River Castro makes this stunning cottage a perfect getaway destination.
The house can accommodate 6 people and has 3 double rooms, fully equipped for your comfort and relaxation with baby cot available.
The ground floor has a fully equipped kitchen, living room with TV, fireplace and toilet. It has covered outdoor BBQ and picnic area in a large garden on the banks of the river. There is Wi-Fi and parking. There is a pool of river water, part of the river, 500 metres from the house.
The location is ideal for visiting various parts of Galicia :
Ourense 54 km
Pontevedra 50 km
Vigo 63 km
Santiago de Compostela 72 km
A Coruña 140 km
Lugo to 120 km
THINGS TO DO :
- Hiking - trekking. Signposted hiking routes to conduct walking or cycling in the area and surroundings.
- Fishing. Wildlife watching.
- Nearby thermal tourism (Termas do Prexigueiro, Termas de Ourense, Carballiño Spa, Spa Partovia ...)
- Wine Tourism. Located between three Appellations of Origin: Ribeiro, Rías Baixas and Ribeira Sacra. The closest the DO Ribeiro and other two are about an hour away.
- Typical Galician gastronomy (restaurants and food festivals in the area).
- Water sports, catamaran ... 'Castrelo de Miño' Yacht Club (Ourense) 45 km
- It is less than an hour from the nearest beach.
- Discover medieval architecture (granaries, mills, stone crosses, 'petos de ánimas' (moneyboxes of souls, typical elements in stone through which the living offered alms to save the souls of their dead) or visits to the surrounding villages (Ricobanca medieval bridge, Mámoa of Xirazga ...) as well as the chance to meet the multiple samples of Romanesque architecture that can be found nearby.
Entire house for rent
Three en suite double rooms
Lounge dining room
Washing machine, iron
Covered charcoal barbecue
Garden on the banks of the river
Credit card payment
Languages: French, English, Portuguese, Spanish and Galician.
PLACES OF INTEREST :
Beariz (2 km)
Festa do Porca Celta (Celtic Pork Festival,April-May) Festa do Quince (or Nuestra Señora, 15 August)
O Carballiño (25 km)
Festa do Pulpo (Octopus Festival,2nd sunday of August), Municipal Park of Carballiño, Iglesia de la Veracruz, Gran Balneario de Carballiño (Spa)
Cea (37 km)
Mosteiro Cisterciense de Oseira (Cistercian Monastery also called the 'Escorial Gallego'), bread from Cea (with protected geographical indication)
Ribadavia (38 km)
Termas de Prexigueiro, Castillo de los Sarmiento,Jewish Quarter, Wine Route of Ribeiro, Festa da Istoria ( (Medieval festival -last weekend of August)
Pontevedra (50 km) Old Town,Squares,Monuments,Ruinas de Santo Domingo (Alameda de Pontevedra)...
Ourense (54 km)
Hot springs of Ourense (Outariz, Burgas de Canedo,Pozas de Muíño das Veigas, Tinteiro,Chavasqueira), As Burgas, Tourist train which runs from Old Town to hot springs, tapas, Festa dos Maios, Cathedral, Entroido Ourensano (Carnival)
Santiago de Compostela (72 km)
Monuments, museums, parks and gardens,Abastos market,viewpoints....
Magros, Beariz, Ourense-Province, 32525View Larger Map
Best For Whom
- All Ages
- Families With Children
- Mature Travellers
Best For What
- Off The Beaten Path