Vigo: Coastal Escape Trek and Tapas Tour
Are you a business owner in Galicia?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Galicia.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Ride a ferry ride across Vigo Bay and get a 360-degree view of pure coastal bliss
- Trek a beachside trail and take in views of the bay and the Cies Islands
- Stroll through a traditional fishing village and discover life beyond the city
- Taste a selection of local tapas and wines at a trendy tavern near the village port
- Sample all the wines - Albariño, Ribeiro, Mencia. You will learn about wine history, wine pairings, and everything in between
DescriptionSpend a late afternoon exploring a more remote coastal area of Vigo Bay outside the hustle and bustle of the city! This Vigo tour takes you beyond the city and across Vigo Bay on a local ferry boat, to reach the small fishing village of Cangas. During the 20-minute ride your guide will explain the view and history of the area — as well as how the fishermen catch all that delicious fish and seafood! Upon arrival at the Port of Cangas, you’ll take a short taxi ride to the starting point for your coastal walk along a four kilometer trail. The scenery will be of gorgeous golden-sand beach coves, dotted between a ruggedly handsome coastline. From the trail you’ll also see the Cies Islands Nature Park. Once you get back into town, you’ll see all the charming small fishing boats at the port, and stop at a trendy local tavern to enjoy some Galician tapas and wines. You will try four different kinds: Pulpo (octopus), Tetilla cheese, Croquetas, and pepper, and of course they will be paired with local wines like the famed Albariño and Godello whites, and the Mencia red. They’re all young wines, but with plenty of personality. You will also learn about the different wines of the Galicia region. The tour will end at the Port of Cangas, where the ferry departs back for Vigo. From there, it’s up to you! If you decide you want to stay a while in the village, you can do so (just note that the last ferry leaves at 22:00). Otherwise, hop on board and head back to the city to see more of Vigo.
IncludesLocal English-speaking guide Transportation (ferry ticket and taxi fare) 4 tapas and 4 drinks Local taxes Additional food and drinks Any personal expenses or souvenirs Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- For your Urban Adventures tour you will be placed in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
- Closure of sites: If there is extreme weather such as heavy rain and it's not possible to do the coastal trail walk, it can substituted with a visit to the market and walk around the port
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge, however any food or drinks you order for them will be at your own cost
- Please advise of any food restrictions due to allergies, diet or for religious reasons at the time of booking so the tour operator can make appropriate arrangements for you
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
You may also like
- Best Seller
From Santiago de Compostela: Lugo and Cathedrals Beach
Visit the city of Lugo and the remnants of its Roman wall, one of the best preserved. Enjoy Cathedrals Beach, one of the world's most special beaches with awe-inspiring rFrom €55.00
Santiago de Compostela: City Tour
Come along on this 2-hour walking tour around the historic downtown area of Santiago de Compostela. On this tour, you'll hear many stories about the city and it's hidden1 ReviewsFrom €12.00
Tamuxe KayakPontevedra-, Pontevedra Province
Tamuxe Kayak ® is a trademark of Baixo Miño Tourism Services Ltd., dedicated to organizing adventure activities and free time in contact with natureK................
El Invernadero del Pazo de Santa CruzPontevedra-, Pontevedra Province
El Invernadero del Pazo de Santa Cruz means the greenhouse of Santa Cruz manor house! Surrender to the charms of a unique place.............
O Campo Das ParrasLugo-Province, Lugo Province
O Campo Das Parras is a haven of peace, with exceptional views from the house across the valley and its garden full of fruit trees, a natural wonder, the terrace is wonde
Excursion to Ribeira Sacra from Santiago de Compostela
Discover the amazing landscape of the interior of Galici while also visiting Santo Estevo, Cabezoás, Castro Caldelas, a winery, and Monforte de Lemos.From €50.00
Restaurante O ParqueBaiona, Pontevedra Province
Restaurante O Parque is a traditional galician restaurant/cafeteria which is well located in the centre of Sabaris fronting a pleasant square close to a roman bridge on t
Amandi Wine FestivalLugo-Province, Lugo Province
Deep in the land of Ribeira Sacra close to the sacred banks of the River Sil at the heart of which lies the pretty village of Sober the annual wine fiesta of Amandi is c
- Best Seller
Full-day Rias Baixas Guided Tour from Santiago
Head out from Santiago de Compostela with an official tour guide to discover the popular area of Rias Baixas on this full-day excursion. Take a boat ride along a river wh27 ReviewsFrom €45.00
Galicia Northwest Spain 5-Day Sightseeing Tour
Explore northern Spain’s greenest area on a 5-day sightseeing tour of Galicia. Visit handsome cities, such as Santiago de Compostela and Vigo, see spectacular coastline3 ReviewsFrom €540.00