Vigo: Coastal Escape Trek and Tapas Tour
Are you a business owner in Galicia?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Galicia.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Ride a ferry ride across Vigo Bay and get a 360-degree view of pure coastal bliss
- Trek a beachside trail and take in views of the bay and the Cies Islands
- Stroll through a traditional fishing village and discover life beyond the city
- Taste a selection of local tapas and wines at a trendy tavern near the village port
- Sample all the wines - Albariño, Ribeiro, Mencia. You will learn about wine history, wine pairings, and everything in between
DescriptionSpend a late afternoon exploring a more remote coastal area of Vigo Bay outside the hustle and bustle of the city! This Vigo tour takes you beyond the city and across Vigo Bay on a local ferry boat, to reach the small fishing village of Cangas. During the 20-minute ride your guide will explain the view and history of the area — as well as how the fishermen catch all that delicious fish and seafood! Upon arrival at the Port of Cangas, you’ll take a short taxi ride to the starting point for your coastal walk along a four kilometer trail. The scenery will be of gorgeous golden-sand beach coves, dotted between a ruggedly handsome coastline. From the trail you’ll also see the Cies Islands Nature Park. Once you get back into town, you’ll see all the charming small fishing boats at the port, and stop at a trendy local tavern to enjoy some Galician tapas and wines. You will try four different kinds: Pulpo (octopus), Tetilla cheese, Croquetas, and pepper, and of course they will be paired with local wines like the famed Albariño and Godello whites, and the Mencia red. They’re all young wines, but with plenty of personality. You will also learn about the different wines of the Galicia region. The tour will end at the Port of Cangas, where the ferry departs back for Vigo. From there, it’s up to you! If you decide you want to stay a while in the village, you can do so (just note that the last ferry leaves at 22:00). Otherwise, hop on board and head back to the city to see more of Vigo.
IncludesLocal English-speaking guide Transportation (ferry ticket and taxi fare) 4 tapas and 4 drinks Local taxes Additional food and drinks Any personal expenses or souvenirs Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- For your Urban Adventures tour you will be placed in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
- Closure of sites: If there is extreme weather such as heavy rain and it's not possible to do the coastal trail walk, it can substituted with a visit to the market and walk around the port
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge, however any food or drinks you order for them will be at your own cost
- Please advise of any food restrictions due to allergies, diet or for religious reasons at the time of booking so the tour operator can make appropriate arrangements for you
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
You may also like
El Invernadero del Pazo de Santa CruzPontevedra-, Pontevedra Province
El Invernadero del Pazo de Santa Cruz means the greenhouse of Santa Cruz manor house! Surrender to the charms of a unique place.............
Sea MuseumVigo, Pontevedra Province
The Sea Museum is superbly located next to the sea with commanding views of the Ria de Vigo. It's a sensitive conversion of a former historic, factory building used for p
Eugenio Granell FoundationSantiago-de-Compostela, La Coruña Province
An exhibition centre displaying the life works of surrealist artist Eugenio Granell who was from La Coruña, as well as holding concerts, lectures, reading marathons and
SailwayVigo, Pontevedra Province
Sailway are a nautical company of services with a young and dynamic spirit who in 2005 were born as a promoter of the sport of sailing and cruises along our coasts, one o
Mino Vally Farm SanctuaryLugo-Province, Lugo Province
Mino Vally Farm Sanctuary provide a safe haven for abused and neglected farm animals - promoting love, respect and a cruelty free lifestyle for all animal friends........
Granxa MaruxaLugo-Province, Lugo Province
Granxa Maruxa is a certified,organic dairy farm,located in the Comarca de la Ulloa,province of Lugo,in the very heart of Galicia.............
Oseira MonasteryOurense-Province, Ourense Province
The monastery of Oseira (Monasterio de Santa María la Real de Oseira) is a Trappist monastery near Ourense which is popular with pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago (St.
Burela Tuna Fishing Boat MuseumLugo-Province, Lugo Province
The Burela Tuna Fishing Boat Museum (Museo Barco Bonitero Burela), Reina del Carmen is moored at Burela dock, in the north of the province of Lugo. Originally built in 1
Santiago de Compostela Tour from Porto
Visit one of the most important pilgrim sites in the world on a tour of Santiago de Compostela, and marvel at the UNESCO World Heritage monuments of the city center.6 ReviewsFrom €110.00
Playa ClubGalicia-wide, Galicia-wide
An eatery based in the Deportivo La Coruña complex, with great views of the local beach and open Atlantic Ocean................