Vigo: Coastal Escape Trek and Tapas Tour
Are you a business owner in Galicia?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Galicia.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Ride a ferry ride across Vigo Bay and get a 360-degree view of pure coastal bliss
- Trek a beachside trail and take in views of the bay and the Cies Islands
- Stroll through a traditional fishing village and discover life beyond the city
- Taste a selection of local tapas and wines at a trendy tavern near the village port
- Sample all the wines - Albariño, Ribeiro, Mencia. You will learn about wine history, wine pairings, and everything in between
DescriptionSpend a late afternoon exploring a more remote coastal area of Vigo Bay outside the hustle and bustle of the city! This Vigo tour takes you beyond the city and across Vigo Bay on a local ferry boat, to reach the small fishing village of Cangas. During the 20-minute ride your guide will explain the view and history of the area — as well as how the fishermen catch all that delicious fish and seafood! Upon arrival at the Port of Cangas, you’ll take a short taxi ride to the starting point for your coastal walk along a four kilometer trail. The scenery will be of gorgeous golden-sand beach coves, dotted between a ruggedly handsome coastline. From the trail you’ll also see the Cies Islands Nature Park. Once you get back into town, you’ll see all the charming small fishing boats at the port, and stop at a trendy local tavern to enjoy some Galician tapas and wines. You will try four different kinds: Pulpo (octopus), Tetilla cheese, Croquetas, and pepper, and of course they will be paired with local wines like the famed Albariño and Godello whites, and the Mencia red. They’re all young wines, but with plenty of personality. You will also learn about the different wines of the Galicia region. The tour will end at the Port of Cangas, where the ferry departs back for Vigo. From there, it’s up to you! If you decide you want to stay a while in the village, you can do so (just note that the last ferry leaves at 22:00). Otherwise, hop on board and head back to the city to see more of Vigo.
IncludesLocal English-speaking guide Transportation (ferry ticket and taxi fare) 4 tapas and 4 drinks Local taxes Additional food and drinks Any personal expenses or souvenirs Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- For your Urban Adventures tour you will be placed in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
- Closure of sites: If there is extreme weather such as heavy rain and it's not possible to do the coastal trail walk, it can substituted with a visit to the market and walk around the port
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge, however any food or drinks you order for them will be at your own cost
- Please advise of any food restrictions due to allergies, diet or for religious reasons at the time of booking so the tour operator can make appropriate arrangements for you
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
You may also like
The Celtic HarpA-Guarda, Pontevedra Province
In a quiet pedestrian street of the new maritime walkway of the fishing port of La Guardia,a few metres from the beach of O Carreiro and little less than five minutes by
Minigolf GolfiñoPontevedra-, Pontevedra Province
Come and enjoy a round of crazy golf at Minigolf Golfiño.There are special prices for groups.Regular competitions are held.Birthday celebrations are popular.............
Artesenia en PiedraPontevedra-, Pontevedra Province
Artesenia en Piedra is the work of Xabier Garrido Carrera,an artist who specialises in creating replica stone carvings from original petroglyphs that have been discovered
Jamoneria JaqueyviPontevedra-, Pontevedra Province
Jamoneria Jaqueyvi Tapas Bars specialise in cured hams and cheeses as well a range of traditional dishes such as Padron Peppers,tortilla,fried prawns etc................
- Best Seller
Rias Baixas Tour from Santiago de Compostela
Visit the magic Rias Baixas on a full-day tour from Santiago de Compostela. Enjoy the region's seafood, fine wines, art and amazing landscapes.4 ReviewsFrom €45.00
- Best Seller
From Santiago de Compostela: Lugo and Cathedrals Beach
Visit the city of Lugo and the remnants of its Roman wall, one of the best preserved. Enjoy Cathedrals Beach, one of the world's most special beaches with awe-inspiring rFrom €55.00
Restaurante LugarOia, Pontevedra Province
El Restaurante Lugar is located in the beautiful coast between Baiona and La Guarda. Their facilities consist of 17.000m2 in which there are several function rooms for e
1000 caminosGalicia-wide, Galicia-wide
1000 caminos is a website project developed by Martin Codax who have strong relationships with St. James Way (Camino de Santiago). Martin Codax is one of the most famous
Vigo Tour BusVigo, Pontevedra Province
The Vigo Tour Bus is an open air double-decker tourist bus and you are supplied with earphones so you can enjoy the commentary in several langauges................
Mino Vally Farm SanctuaryLugo-Province, Lugo Province
Mino Vally Farm Sanctuary provide a safe haven for abused and neglected farm animals - promoting love, respect and a cruelty free lifestyle for all animal friends........