Santiago de Compostela Full-Day Tour From Porto146 Reviews
Explore one of the most important pilgrim sites in Europe on a 10-hour tour to Santiago de Compostela from Porto. On your return enjoy a visit to Valença do Minho.
- Explore the pilgrim city of Santiago de Compostela at the end of the Caminhos de Santiago
- Learn about the cult of St. James of the Greater Saracens
- Attend the mass at Santiago de Compostela Cathedral, or wander the historic UNESCO World Heritage streets
- Visit the Historical center of Valença do Minho - also known by the 'Caminhos de Santiago'
- Explore its great wall - in Vouban Style
DescriptionDiscover 2 beautiful cities of southern Europe on a full-day sightseeing tour from Porto, crossing the border into Spain to explore the pilgrim city of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia, and returning via Valença do Minho. One of the most important pilgrimage destinations in the world, Santiago is best known for the Caminhos de Santiago (St. James Way) pilgrim trail following the cult of St. James. Upon arrival, you will visit the magnificent 11th-centuty cathedral, dedicated to the apostle. Originally built in a Romanesque style, today the cathedral is an amalgam of harmonious influences. You will have the opportunity to attend mass if you wish, and there will be free time for lunch and a stroll in the UNESCO World Heritage city center. In the afternoon, drive back to Porto, stopping at Valença do Minho, an historical village in the north of Portugal, located right on the border between Portugal and Spain. Valença was important during the middle ages, with a privileged view to the line boarder it was several times harassed by Spain. Being also part of 'Caminhos de Santiago'. The city is dominated by the fortress of two tours and a double wall projected in Vouban Style - a well known Engineer and French military architect. Enjoy your return by visiting this amazing historical village!
IncludesGuide Monument fees included in the tour Lunch Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels in Gaia and Porto, if option selected Tips and personal expenses
- Usually tours run in one language but there are cases where one extra language or more can be used
- The group size will be from 8 to 27 people
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 people to operate. If the minimum is not met, customers will be asked to reschedule or cancel for a full refund
- The tour duration is an estimation, subject to local traffic and visit schedules
- If pickup selected it is from central Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia hotels
- For private accommodation and hotels in other areas, customers must go to the meeting point
- Bookings must be confirmed at least 48 hours before the date of the service
- Children from 4 to 12 years pay half price. Children aged 0 to 3 are free of charge
- The services included in the tour are subject to third party availability and may change without notice
- The cathedral of Santiago is currently undergoing interior and exterior renovations. Some areas of the cathedral cannot be visited
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability